Friday, May 13, 2011

A very special gift from Stella Bella!

I was surprised when I dropped Stella off at daycare the Monday following Mother's Day. This beautiful plaque which her teachers had the infants create for their moms was wrapped up for me. I adore it! I remember my mom always saying she only wanted homemade gifts as my brothers and I were growing up and I never quite understood the deep sentimentality (I made this word up ;) but now I do. I really, really do!



She's loving her new material books her Nana got her. Not only are they bright colored but she can use her "paws" to grip them. She loves to grip my breasts when I nurse now and as she goes to sleep she wants to grip/scratch/touch/pull on your face/lips. She as most babies I expect love to the touch of their loved ones skin.
This evening after getting home, I put her frontward in her Baby Bjorn and weeded and hoed the yard ...starting early for our Memorial Day BBQ. She loved just being outside, didn't say a peep. We think she is a very observant baby but we have nothing to compare her too so everything she does is "AWESOME" to us. haha She  has started to do baby talk so much! This week I noticed a very high pitch shrill she learned to make. It only comes out when she's super excited. She also likes to sound out her As and Rs so I go around pretending to be a pirate and she loves it!

I finally got some antibiotics yesterday with the urging of my mom and they are kicking my sinus infection. Thank goodness is all I can say. My face no longer feels like a mule kicked it several times. I have been sick for 3 weeks but it feels like 3 years. Stella is still working through boogers in her nose. All this came after her 1st wk at daycare ...no coincidence but what can you do. We do vitamins here, eat well and I have heard from many parents. That is one of the nightmares of daycare is all the germs exposed to. Pro and Con I guess.

Work has been ok. I have a designated late work night and Ron comes to pick Stella up at daycare which works for both of us. He's still being an amazing Dad - so comfortable doing his "thang" with Stella and I've NEVER seen a prouder Dad.

My new job at my now new company has been extremely challenging. I cannot wait to "look back on this time period" but for now the good news after the bad news is that the new company denied my day off per week request which had already been approved by HR, Manager and God. They are willing to give me 4 days as a comprimise and allowing my manger and I to work up something else. I can also take off weeks at a time unpaid till Stella is 1 yrs old. I've decided to do 1-2 of these before end of year. Definitely around holidays to pack on the # of days I can just chill with her.

Time to relax with Ronnie as she is asleep. Her new bedtime is 8am sharp. All week she's fallen asleep give or take 10 mins on either side of 8am.

Love - Sequoia

No comments:

Post a Comment