Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bruised & Happy on St. Patrick's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Early this morning Ron was playing with Stella while I was trying to squeeze the last 15 minutes of sleep before my alarm officially went off. But in a house our size with Stella's lovely voice ....no one sleeps in! Anyways, back to the story ....I hear Ron tell Stella to go play after she purposely is jerking her upside down cup of milk on the floor so that he can clean it up. Stella takes off running and her feet didn't keep up with her and she bit it hard! So hard that after a quick cry there was silence and then the very, very loud crying and Ron yelling, there is blood on her lip! She hit the floor hard and busted her top left part of her lip on the inside mostly and bumped her head too. Poor darling. She wasn't happy for about 5 mins and then took a short nap and was ready to roll for the rest of our busy day. We hit swimming class which was so much fun. We think Stella had her best time yet in the pool - she loves water still which makes me happy as I swear I was a fish in another life! Then Ron and I went to the jewelry store and we decided on a wedding rings. They are AWESOME! Then my mom and her dear friend Maggie were coming up to a wedding and to do some shopping so we met up at Whole Foods and Stella somewhere in all this got a short nap in and then ruled the store! Grandma got her th cutest little lamb whom we've named Lucy and the coolest hat in the world! Plus she got me one to match too!!!!!!!! God, I love a good hat and I haven't had one in a long time.

Stella is strong and after getting a popsicle to keep the swelling down throughout the day, she was even happier. We took some pics and I'm surprised how bad it looks. Ohhhhhhh the glory - her first owie and to be sure not her last as she loves to run, chase and play games. She just doesn't always look where she is going first. She also likes to walk backwards and walk around with scarves, bowls and stuff over her head! haha

Oh yeah and she is getting a new tooth on the upper left side so that makes 3 new teeth coming in! Pain is all I can think of but she hasn't really been affected but once or twice to the point of Tylenol.

In addition, this past week was her first week at her new school and she is already thriving and also my heart is so much happier for her. They do a lot of sign language there and serve overally great food. They are teaching her so much and introducing her to fun things like playdough. She has the tendancy to eat it but she liked using a block as the roller and pounding the dough. She is learning her new friends and teachers and new routines. I was able to spend a few hours with her each morning her first week and Ron picks her up all but 1 day so we're adjusting our lives for the better.

Okay - it is late and tomorrow is a fun packed day so here are some pics from the week. Our family sends love and peace to all!

Stella's hair is getting long and I part it into 3 sections and put yellow barretts and ponytail holder. No pics of face ..just hair. I'm living out my beautician dreams on my poor daughter! haha



Vintage ...eat your heart out Michele Williams ...found a vintage green "her St. Patys" day dress for her at a local consignment shop. I fell in love with it so much so that she wore it the day before St. Patys ..I didn't plan all that well. haha

pic of nasty swollen lip


playing with a straw while eating lunch with  my mom and Maggie in Whole Foods on Sat


Nana and Stellie playing in water cup.

Nana and Stella shopping


It was about 5pm and the rain stopped so our family went for a nice walk around the neighborhood. Stella LOVES to be outside and she even tries to say the word "outside". Here she is at the front door, ready to rock and roll in her new hat from Nana. This is the coolest brand, Flipside Hats







Mama and Stella wearing the cool new hats from Nana. Hip Chicks UNITE

No comments:

Post a Comment