Stella is growing so fast. When I see babies younger, like 6 months old. I swear she was never that small. She is developing new words, expressions and taking to activities like wildfire. This past weekend we took her camping, such a different experience than a year ago. I was a bit worried it wouldn't be relaxing because our site was right next to Triangle Lake (about 30 mins outside Eugene) however with watchful eyes of Ron and I plus my parents and her Cousin Hailey (who was like her shadow), Melissa and Uncle Bo Bo (yes, Stella has taken to referring to my brother Brian and "Bo Bo". Not sure where the name came from but it has stuck)! haha it all turned out fun and relaxing. She had two boat coats to wear (aka: life jackets) and towards the end of the trip we figured out she liked the bigger one without the neck flotation device. My mom also brought her new sand box which she and Hailey could spend hours playing in. Ron and I developed a big competition for the game of speed and played it till our fingers fell off. I am happy to announce I am the QUEEN of Speed at the lake for 2012. A title I earned through strategic play and challenge as we lost a card into the lake! :)
The food my mom prepared was wonderful, we got to roast marshmallows, and unlike last year when the lake neighbors partied and set off fireworks till the wee hours of the morning, there was a peaceful night sleep (they must have partied too hard the night before per my Brother). Stella liked sitting on the back of the boat and playing in the water and even more liked watching Hailey and everyone jump in the water. She didn't like it when Ron was trying to water ski. Daddy was too far away so there was some boat seat comforting which went on. Ron did get up his 2nd try waterskiing, so proud of him. I on the other hand have lost my waterski card. I tried over 10 times (seriously) to get up on double skis of all things. Sh*& I used to slalom, not sure where my skills went but I also told my Dad maybe he wasn't going fast enough to get my butt up! :) We crashed a private beach and Stella, Hailey and my Mom had a wonderful time. Stella really liked playing in the real sand and water. She'll get more of that at the coast with my parents soon. Hailey and I had an Olympic Diving contest where everyone got involved judging and keeping track of scores. We ended in a tie with Hailey's best jump being her "dramatic" fall and mine being a cartwheel into the water. Yup, I still have that skill - haha! Dang it, no pictures of it however. We didn't really rough it with a fridge, porta potty and RV but we did sleep in tent and watch the dew rise off the water in the early morning.
We took lots of pictures ......
 |
| Proud parents |
 |
| Stella got right out of the car and into sand box, first hour there. |
 |
| You are looking at Ranson Family Speed Champion (Sequoia) of Triangle Lake 2012 - yeah baby! |
 |
| Hanging in the water with Uncle BoBo |
 |
| Hailey showing some swimming action |
 |
| Ever watchful Nana - she was never far from Stella in water. |
 |
| If you're sexy and you know it ....... :) |
 |
| Rockin the ponytails |
 |
| Melissa, Stella and Uncle Brian |
 |
| I turn my back for one moment and my Mom has Stella in a sideways hat eating ice cream cone. Ohhh the joys of being a Grandma :) |
 |
| Ron asked Stella a question she didn't know and he got a great expression, "I don't know"! |
 |
| Playing with weird option on camera to make person tall and thin. Ron got the best of both worlds now :) |
 |
| Girls in sandbox in their PJs. The joys of camping. |
 |
| Early morning Thinker. |
 |
| I love mornings - can't you tell! haha |
 |
| Stella wondering why Hailey loves polar bear swims?! |
 |
| Polar Bear swim Captain! |
 |
| Girls playing Stella's favorite toy, guitar. |
 |
| Ron starting to get ready to ski for 1st time |
 |
| Not as comfortable as he wishes |
 |
| YEAH - he got up! |
 |
| Then ..... |
 |
| He went down! |
 |
| Try, try, try again! |
 |
| Yup, only one picture of me not falling in the water or drinking the lake water after being pulled a few yards. I was serious about getting up but it wasn't my day. |
 |
| Great smile! |
 |
| Last lake action before we went home. Stella at her most comfortable on the back of the boat with Hailey dipping in her feet. |
1 comment:
love that hat your rockin ms. stella. ron makes me sick up on those skis. looks like everyone had a great time. thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment