This morning was full of amazing things. Stella had a rough night's sleep; dreams have been waking her often 1-2 times a night. Just a hug or pat and she quiets down quickly. However this morning she slept in till 7:15am which is crazy as she has a 6-6:30 internal alarm clock. Not only that but when she awoke, she made no noise got out of bed successfully, walked out her bedroom door, stood in the hallway in front of my open bedroom door and waited for me to acknowledge her. I'm sure if I hadn't she would have called our names or come to stick her face in mine but I was so surprised to see her. She has NEVER gotten out of bed in the morning like this. I immediately asked her if she had to go potty and she shook her head yes. That was all I needed, I JUMPED up and was all about getting her out of her long footie, zip PJs which as you're potty training. They aren't so great. Anyways, I have learned to throw the feet of the jammies over her shoulder while she sits on the potty or else, they're naturally dipped in toilet. She sat for a long time this morning to the point where my bladder needed a seat so I put her on her little training toilet on the floor and switched places. At this point I completely understand why 2 bathrooms are necessary but ..... She went #1 and #2 and I was SOOOooo proud of her. I found Elmo stickers and she gets to pick them after she goes potty.
And, if that wasn't superstar enough. She also looked at the sticker page and picked the Ernie sticker for the 2nd time in the row but this time, when I asked "which sticker do you want, she said Ernie"! WOW, up to this point, every figure of Sesame Street was Elmo.
We had a wonderful morning filled with making scrambled eggs, talking about how Daddy is "sleeping" now that he moved to swing shift for 2 weeks. We're all adjusting and making the best of it. As I type, he's at home trying to find a way to sleep. He's tried eating himself asleep so now I've pointed him to sleepytime tea and a bad 80's movie. haha
Stella's Recent School Notes From Teachers:
* Stella really enjoyed painting pumpkins today. She said "Di-di-di-di - PAINT"
* Stella really enjoyed marble painting today!
Below we were having some night time fun and I put curlers in Stella's hair. She loved it.
No comments:
Post a Comment