Monday, October 8, 2012

Our New Gymnast

Stella probably has just as much energy as other 20 month olds but to us who are close to her ...it seems to be infinite. Once she gets her snuggles and hugs in after waking up it is running, skipping, laughing, throwing herself on pillows, sliding, falling, climbing and everything else which keeps her moving till nap then back at it to bed. With that energy and the fact that the Olympics gymnastic routines were some of the first TV she every actually paid attention to when it was on ...it was time to introduce her to tumbling and gymnastics. I found a class which is on Saturday morning for about an hour. We just attended our first one last week and Ron and I both walked away with a wonderful feeling about how much joy the experience brought Stella. Of course, I made sure she was in her black leotard and purple tutu shorts and cherry leg warmers.

The amazing thing is that we both agreed that she got so much steadier on the balance beams from 9am to 9:45am and she watched the older kids (class is for 18m to 3 yrs old) friends do somersaults and rings and developed more confidence in what she was doing. Other parents commented she looked "strong and solid" for her age. Ron and I took turns taking pics and videos. Here are the pictures!

P.S. The following day Ron was in the living room, me in the bathroom when Stella ran into the living room and proceeded to do a perfect somersault! It was her 1st one the day after class, it was awesome. I missed it but Ron said it was Amazing! She picks stuff up so quick, makes me want to start Spanish classes tomorrow. haha

XOXO




















No comments:

Post a Comment