Yesterday was a busy appointment day. I saw my OB at 10:30am and Accupunturist at 2pm - thank goodness work has been thus far very flexible and I worked from home then ran to each appointment. I love my OB, Dr. Payne (insert last name joke here!) She and I went over our Birth Plan and there were no real surprises except she confirmed I will not be able to eat once I'm admitted so I've already told my mom and Ronnie, the moment I know I'm in labor or start feeling anything ...I'm headed to the nearest buffet and I was straight faced when I said it. I've heard that 18 hrs is the average labor time and I cannot imagine ice chips will do it for me. Then again, maybe that is just because I have food on my brain all the time. Speaking of which, my weight is great, actually lost a lb since prior 2 wk appt and my total weight gained thus far is 10 lbs. Dr. is happy with gain and due to where I started, I'm satisfied; which I would be no matter what as long as baby girl is healthy. My tummy measured 27cm and her heartbeat was loud and strong. Dr. said now that I’ll be 35 wks on Sunday, the baby will be considered a “go home baby” and I could go into at anytime and they won't stop labor or be too concerned. My parents are due back from Mexico tomorrow so that is all I was super concerned about. Never in my wild dreams could I imagine having her without my parents support. I asked my Dad if he wanted to be in the room and he said, "he's thinking about it"! I told him we were cool either way.
Today is what we expect will be our LAST ULTRASOUND appointment and I hope to post a lovely profile picture later of our big girl! Lots of love ~ Sequoia
No comments:
Post a Comment