Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Last week filled with Breasts, Breakdowns and Busy Days!

Last Saturday I went to our last baby class ....it was Breastfeeding 101. I told Ron of all classes to not be able to make due to work, this one he would have "enjoyed" the most! ;)   I felt like it was very informative as it has always been my 1st option to feed my daughter, I have a strong confidence that she'll be a latch on like a champion! The amazing thing is seeing in all the videos and medical data how naturally in tune babies are with the organic knowledge of where to find milk. They don't even use sight - it is all based on the warmth and smell of our breasts that they'll "root" (aka: wiggle) towards the milk supply soon after delivery. The skin-to-skin emphasis was wonderful to hear, they even encouraged Ron to wear a hoodie so he can put her directly on his chest anytime he's holding her and then zip up around her. I started bag packing for all 3 of us for the hospital - I feel like a broken record when I talk about preparation but the last thing I want to be is not ready for anything I can think of! For those who know me, I'm sure that is no surprise.

Later on Sat I had my most intense pregnant breakdown which included the Oprah coined "ugly cry" and thank God for Ron. He held me, stopped trying to reason with me, got me tissue, told me everything was going to be okay and just loved me. I thank the Universe for him being in my life every day!

It continues to be a very busy week with Ron finishing his shopping, I'm done with my shopping but not delivering of gifts and I begin to take my braids out tonight and tomorrow. Ron had a painful dentist appointment as he gets ready for his new perm teeth in January then he has the funeral to attend tomorrow. BUT we both have off from work on Thursday and Friday and then we're looking forward to the holidays with the Silva clan. Then for NYE we are going with friends to a fun R&B concert/buffet at the Crystal Ballroom with Keith Sweat and Mint Condition performing. Holla - I found the cutest cheetah or maybe it is leopard spotted dress that I'm wondering if I can rock it with my big ole baby to welcome in the new year. No matter, I'll be wearing flats instead of heels. I want to be comfy when I dance the night away!

I'm feeling wonderful today after a nice nights sleep - I think it was due to the prenatal swim class I made it to last night! I haven't been consistent but I really enjoy the warm rehab pool they have class in and just being in a pool of preg women, the energy is supportive as I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering how big my splashes can get as I bounce my always growing boobs in the pool!

FYI - I was a bit bored at doctor's office on Friday waiting for ultrasound so I kept myself busy by taking pictures of myself with the self-timer on my camera. Yes, I'm a dork but a noticeably pregnant one!!!!!! Here are two pics to share.



1 comment:

Shannon said...

mint condition...WHAT? Go gurl. Not sure if we'll catch up before then, so have fun and send pics of the dress because I know you'll rock it out!

Post a Comment