![]() |
| We saw Brandon Roy hit some miracle shots! |
![]() |
| Trailblazer mascot and Me |
![]() |
| Go Blazers - closeup from our awesome seats |
Leading up to my mom arriving and date night, the day was pretty busy. Stella and I went to breakfast (again I won a silly bet with Ron and got breakfast money) haha We went to a local fav, Beaterville ...nothing fancy but good food and coffee (even if it was decaf) which is all I am on still. Why go back to caffeine I tell myself but wait till I have to go back to work too. Then I'll eat, I mean drink my words :) We then hopped to our 2nd Mom/Baby Group at Providence Hospital and it was nice. I felt more comfy and chatted with a nice lady next to me from Vancouver who's baby was teething at 4 months and causing her to question her sanity. Then we ran a few errands. One of which included: Babies-R-Us! A parent friend of mine said that Babies-R-Us was addicting and I can now attest that is true. I had a lovely gift card to buy a few much needed items (card from dear buddy Erik and wife) and I got lost in that store! Some items I picked up are larger breast pump shields (no surprise there I needed them), long sleeve onsies in size 3M we put one on Stella almost daily with this cold ass weather we've been having and she also seems to just have more short sleeve outfits than long, cool little disposable bag dispenser and refiller to attach to the diaper bag (learned about this from another mom in Baby/Mom group) - reminds me of the kind of bags dog walkers keep as they stroll with their pups in the park to get rid of waste. Wrong context for Baby Stella but cool item for those stinky diapers. Also got some 7th Generation earth friendly diapers we're trying out. I like the non-chlorine diaper thus far.
My mom knew Stella's gas and not sleeping lately had been challenging so she brought some cool organic remedies she'd found for us to try. A wrap that you put around Stella's belly and you insert a special herb pouch which is heated up in the microwave. We tried it once and I still am no comment yet if it works or not. At the least it will be relaxing to her ...warmth always is and the herbs smell delicious! The 2nd was some herbal medicine from Mama Rose's Organic brand, we've tried it on her twice and still not sold but it is also suppose to help with teething so that will be handy. Of course my mom has been away from Stella for 2 wks and shopping the entire time. As my Dad mentioned ...save the money for college! Wise words BUT she did find some very cute outfits and hats that are to die for. I'll post a pic collage later of the items. We also put on cloth diapers on Stella for 1st time with a neat wrap my mom picked up in color Violet. No much more work than disposable but not sure I'm putting them on her correctly. Talk to me in a few weeks after we wash, wash and wash more diapers. haha
During babysitting adventure, Stella was a wonderful girl - slept and ate well for my mom. For that we are blessed! My mom, Ron and I then spent about 30 mins going through our picture proofs on the computer - it was fun as we had over 70 to look at. Baby announcements are 1 step closer! Shoot, I sometimes feel like my Todo list never ends but I think it is just feeling so tired and being home I give myself the expectation that I should be doing more. I hope this feeling goes away.



No comments:
Post a Comment