Stella and I took our 1st road trip down to Marcola on Tuesday as it was my brother, Brian's 33rd birthday and we wanted to be part of the celebration. We also got a chance to stop by my mom's work where her colleagues have been super supportive and kind during the pregnancy & birth with keeping us in their prayers and sending gifts.
Stella was a superstar on the drive down there, sleeping the entire way till I heard her start to do her mouse noises indicating she was starting to wake up about 5 mins from our destination when a motorcycle cop caught me above speed limit on the small bridge over the Willamette River in downtown Eugene. Can I say 2 words in my defence (SPEED TRAP)! Good news is we got off with a warning and I'm sure that Stells looking cute as a button in her car seat and me mentioning I was hurrying to breastfeed my darling helped! I think I read somewhere that Eugene is the breastfeeding capital of the US! haha
It was also important for Hailey to meet her fellow Granddaughter for the 1st time. I snuck a few photos in but realize that I often don't take enough photos anymore as I'm in the moment with Stella so I missed Dad, Rocky, Danielle and Brian's new girlfriend and daughter (Michelle & Jordan) whom I met for the 1st time as well. They were super sweet and I look forward to our next hang out session.
Stella and I enjoyed a lovely birthday dinner and were surprised when Rocky and his G.F., Danielle came by as his professor was out of town so no school night for him. It was a full house and so much fun I couldn't see timing the drive home to Stella's late sleep schedule so we went with PLAN B. Ron was so much happier we didn't drive home at night and the next morning we skipped home with full Starbucks fueling us after a battle to put her to bed the night before! Babies must know when their environment changes or she was overstimulated ....but once asleep, she was all good till morning.
1 comment:
happy birthday to brian. glad you didn't drive back at night. i'm sure EVERYONE was happy you stayed. stella is beautiful and changes in every pic. have a great weekend.
Post a Comment