After lunch I noticed a cool baby store across the street from where I parked so Stella and I headed into shop. There I met the nicest lady ever, Judi, Owner of Mother's Nature Organic Baby store. She was very welcoming and encouraged me to go ahead and breastfeed Stella. We sat and chatted about our birth/baby experiences and just got to know one another. I really enjoyed her company as well as her quality products. I got a new pair of nursing pads which seem to be the best of both worlds because 1 side is covered with soft fleece like material with the other having waterproof-like material to stop leaks from showing through on clothes. I also got a pack of re-useable diaper wipes which coincidentally I had been talking to Ron and my Mom about rather than using disposable ones. These are larger than washcloths and extra soft.
I patted myself on the back for finally going to the speciality women's bra shop in Lake O. which both Laura and Karinne referred me too. They had to order me my 1st nursing bra from Europe, I should have the girls "standing more alert" in about a month :) haha For those who are guessing, the size was a BIG SURPRISE to me, I am an F/G, bring on the band!!!!!!!!!!!
With taxes coming soon I convinced myself I could purchase my 1st piece of art ...a picture I had fallen in love with at the Dragonfly Cafe (NW 24/Thurman St) upon chancsighting. It is an 11x14 picture of a purple tree done in the art medium of pointillism (small ink dots to look like watercoloring). The artist was cool and we shared a matte latte while he gave me the history behind the painting. I had put Stella in my Moby wrap and she was held close to my chest while we got painting and ran across the street to my fav consignment store, BeeZoo Exchange which always has cool selections (lots of European/France items and good prices. I found the below 4 outfits for a TOTAL of $13! The purple Oshgosh's and newborn jeans she'll sport now but other 2 dresses are for 18 months and 2T.
No comments:
Post a Comment