Wednesday, January 5, 2011

17 days till D-Date ...fetal monitoring experience

I was surprised at today's routine exam when my doc told me she wanted me to have fetal monitoring done. She said it was routine and not out of any concern but instead she was interested in seeing baby's heart beat on the monitor & to check if I was having any contractions. No cervical exam this week (as of last week I was not dilated yet) ...anyways - all went well and the monitor showed baby girl having more than the minimum movements with peaks and valleys of her heartbeat and NO CONTRACTIONS! Doc saw lots of fluid which makes me think IF my water breaks, it will be a gush not a trickle. The bets are on that Stella is on track to be approx a 8-8.5lb baby - so she'll be fitting right into those newborn clothes! Now the doctor wants to see me twice a week AND wants me to have another formal ultrasound next week ... I wanted to quiet my warning bells so I asked the doctor why all the testing and such ...she said due to my "advance material age (AMA)"! Seriously folks - I'm 36 yrs old and AMG starts at 35!!!! But they are also taking into consideration my Body Mass Index and potential Hypertension - so doc isn't taking any chances which is what a good doc should do so I stopped giving her 21 questions. As long as my baby is healthy and I am - I'll be in her office every day if asked.
I start working from home on Monday the 10th which will be nice because over the past few days I've physically felt very tired doing simple tasks like dishes and moving. Last night in water aerobic class it took every ounce of strength to move in the water which isn't saying much. It wasnt' till my teacher played her "Kegel Song" that I gathered enough energy to giggle. YES there really is a Kegel Song and if you feel the need, here is the link to the lyrics and download site: http://www.dothekegel.com/kegel_lyrics.html.

Ron and I are finishing up some final touches in Stella's room, our bags are packed and we have sudden outbursts starting with the words, "OMG or can you believe ....we're going to have a baby soon"!  Our parents are on standby - especially my mom. Every time my phone drops a call or something, she thinks "THUNDERCATS A GO"  {for those who love the movie Juno, you'll get that remark}!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

i'm so excited. keep me posted. speed dial #1...just playin. i'll take #2. love you guys. take care of yourself. counting down the days sista.

Post a Comment