Ron and I felt like old hands while we were getting an ultrasound on Baby Stella this morning. I'm pleased we've received so many during the pregnancy as it has really helped me feel more confident she is ok. No real surprises, just in awe of how much she's grown, we can barely get a view of a limb or head in the ultrasound image because she's grown so big. Good news is to the best of their estimate, Stella is 7lbs and 2 oz and in good health and position to be born. I felt like the tech had to put her ultrasound wand pretty far down on my pelvic bone to get a good head measurement so that was a good indication that Stella is lower than ever before. We only got 2 pictures which are really too fuzzy to share but we held hands as we looked at our daughter and feeling our excitement grow! My parents are getting very much on stand by because my Dad requested directions to the hospital be emailed to him the other night and my mom confirmed that her bag is packed. I'm thrilled she'll be with us our 1st week! When we asked Ron's mom, Willie when she was going to come to the hospital, she said 'when the baby gets cleaned off'! We thought that was cute and we laughed. Both Mom's check in each day to see what's "new" with Stella - our families are more than ready as well!
It's funny as events come and go this January, we're always wondering if Stella will be born on those days or possibly have a day all to herself! My Aunt's bday 1/2, my Dad's bday was 1/8 - no Stella, BCS Game, 1/10 - no Stella and next Ron and his twin brother's b-day next Wednesday, 1/19 with the Superbowl following ......
Earlier in the week my friend Lacey arranged a Happy Hour meeting with some friends and I was honored to be invited. 3 of the 5 ladies were Moms and it was wonderful. I heard lots of good advice and stories to laugh at. This encouraged me to look into joining a formal Mom's Group in the North/NE Portland area. I made the contacts and will be ready to attend meetings a few weeks after Stella arrives. They allow Dads to come to some of the meetings which will be a great opportunity for Ron but from what he tells me, everyone at work is always giving him advice and sharing stories so he has a nice village of Dads to draw from.
I'm enjoying working from home (started yesterday) and the relaxed state I find myself in. I even got a start on Stella's scrapbook because I figured now is the quietest time I'll have. It is rather cute and I have always enjoyed having a personal scrapbook for items aside from pictures that I collect just living life day to day and going to events and such. Our baby shower personalized napkins, fabric from her special quilt Grandma Nancy had made, shower invites and funny picture Ron and I drew in "Having A Baby 101" class plus all of the ultrasound pics are going in it. With that said, BACK TO WORK!
No comments:
Post a Comment