Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Eve - Welcome 2011

There was an excitement in the air between Ron and I yesterday as we had the day off from work and aside from some standard errands we both had hair appointments and new clothes to buy to get ready for our "adult prom" .... New Years Eve. We had tickets with friends, Esther, Kevin & Laura to attend Terrell Brandon's NYE Party at the Crystal Ballroom in downtown Portland. Performers on the ticket were a local sax player, Mike Phillips whom we have seen before and really like then the big players were Keith Sweat and Mint Condition (one of Ron's fav groups whom he grew up on).

Laura and I shared a good laugh earlier in the day when we were discussing our schedule and we each had planned some time to TAKE A NAP to get ready for the late evening. Jesus .....we're getting old we thought. Wasn't it not that long ago we'd wake up early to work out, be busy all day then hit the clubs till close and after party munching with no nap planning required?!!!!!  So many people have said, enjoy your last true NYE but deep down inside I know that my parents who have never been the NYE party type will always be there for the babysitting call so Ron and I will have more celebrating to do but as we told each other last night while sleep talking from waking up from our nap. "We more than ready and willing" to ride the roller coaster of our new life with "Stellie" as Ron has taken to calling her :)

With my hair on a cloud (aka: straight and looking right) and Ron wearing every piece of his jewelry collection (freshly cleaned at jewelry store earlier in the day) we headed into our night of fun. Aside from waiting in a cold line for an extra 30 mins while sound check took forever - it was all good. We got a nice table when there were few to find and my timing into the buffet line couldn't have been better! I take that back - the people watching was OFF THE HOOK! Starting with the man behind us in line outside in a cow print pimp suit (from head to toe) and several women who wanted to wear the sexy off shoulder tops/dresses but forgot they still needed bras to pick their junk up! One girl who sat near us, we had a bet that before the night was over, we'd see nippage!  I think it was shoe envy but I noticed every chicks shoes who walked by and they all seemed, gloriously high, sparkly and crazy fun! My black flats ...not so much. But, I danced a few fast dance moves which felt a bit awkward with my tummy, walked about a mile between our seats and bathroom upstairs and drank glass after glass of water (who knew you get so thirsty with a kid inside of you)!  We all had our champagne toast and saw (wasn't involved) in a little drama with some dude with braids who obviously had qualms with a chick and he pulled her hair and spit in her face! Then the joke of the night was whenever Esther left the table to get drinks/bathroom she wound up standing next to him!
We left at 3am and as we dropped into bed I suggested to Ron we have a PJ Day tomorrow meaning if we cannot do it in PJ's, we don't!    P.S. As I write this Ron has ran to Pizza Hut and Red Box to get a movie in his PJs. I LOVE MY MAN!

Ron, Laura, Esther & Kevin showing off our NYE rings which lit up

Me, Esther and Laura

Parents-To-Be Ringing In 2011

Baby Stella Celebrating NYE

Ron


Party Girlz!

Dancing To A Song We Actually Knew!

The Group

Esther Filling In For Me On Dance Floor with Ron - Faux Stepping

Mint Conditions Lead Singer, Stokley

Singing "Pretty Brown Eyes"
Keith Sweat singing "sexy & sweating"


Keith Sweat with a nice black velvet suit on



PJ DAY 1-1-2011

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

stella means Star i looked it up

Love you sister

brother

Post a Comment