Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 3: 1/23/11, Sunday

BRINGING BABY HOME! We left the hospital today and although we had wonderful care, we had waited 9+ months and we were soooooooo ready to walk into our home with Stella. We got some nice free stuff from hospital and got Stella dressed in her very special outfit my Mom had picked out on the day we found out we were having a girl. I call it it her pink rosette gown and hat. Once dressed, we headed downstairs where Ron had the car waiting. I swear I've seen this moment on hundreds of Bringing Baby Home TLS shows but to actually be living it. I felt so blessed and in an out of body experience. This precious baby is ours, I'm a mommy! OMG!!!!!

Ron got very choked up and it was very sweet as he videotaped us leaving the hospital room (I saw disaster as he walked the halls out of the hospital backwards) but we survived without incident. The drive home was similar to the one in Knocked Up where we are slow and making comments to all drivers how they'd better watch out we have a Baby on Board. Dang, where is one of those signs magnified by 100 when you need one. Burnside road was a bumpy route home but Ron said he wasn't in the right emotional state to maneuver the highway. I chuckled and agreed.

My mom planned to meet us at home to capture the "coming home moment on video" and to turn on the heat and just get the house ready for us. That was especially sweet and all the timing worked out. She even had the playoff football game on TV for Ron. She thought of everything!

We we especially excited to introduce Ron's Mother, Granny Ranson to Stella Ruth! Donnie, Ron's twin brother brought her and had him some Stella time as well.

Then after the big day it was time to relax!


Stella In Her Special Coming Home Outfit

Leaving Hospital

1st Time In Car Seat

Daddy All Choked Up & Ready To Drive His Baby Home



Granny Ranson and Stella Ruth

Uncle Donnie and Stells

Uncle Donnie "working on Stella's bat grip"

Ronnie Showing Donnie his favorite GIANTS outfit for Stella

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Donnie must have made a mistake on that outfit...should've been a Green Bay one...lol (or ducks at least), but I'm sure she'll get enough of that.

Post a Comment