Over the last 2 days I got my hair re-braided, something after sitting for 11 hrs in month seven I swore I wouldn't do it again but when I saw my natural hair which hadn't been relaxed in over 9 months and how much attention I needed to pay to it. I decided sitting with a massage/heat pad wouldn't be that bad. Now I can look cute in all baby pics and focus on feeding baby Stella and resting over the next few months.
This was my 1st week working from home and it was quite a bit easier (loved not having the 1-1.5 hr commute per day) and I plan on continuing to work right up until she comes out so I can save all my vacation days. Since I've transferred so much of my responsibility, the work load is super light.
Today started out a bit rough as Ron and I had a disagreement on his way out the door to work but as the day moved forward it got much better. I had my 1st prenatal massage with a wonderful woman named Ginger who came highly recommended by my friend Darcy (holla if you want her contact info)! She worked my body over hitting focusing on what she calls her "induction massage spots" and although I expect to be sore tomorrow, well worth it.
Overall I've continued to feel great. Just the funny things like not wanting to bend over a lot (I sweep and rack stuff and Ron picks it up), having a hard time rolling over in bed and I've been eating up a storm lately but nights I've been sleeping well. I started this silly project of loading all my CDs to my Itunes file (why I started who knows) but I cannot stop! haha This must be my nesting thing. We hung Stella's name in wooden painted (purple) letters above her bed and tomorrow I plan to hot glue some flowers to the push pins holding the fuchsia colored ribbon. I'm still promising pictures soon.
NOW ...onto the exciting news. We had our appt with Dr. Payne this afternoon and upon arriving we were told she was running over an hour late but that turned out to be okay because we had a stress test which Stella wouldn't move for. We think she was asleep but after moving to my opposite side and buzzing her a bit, she awoke. On the piece of paper from the machine we didn't see a lot of contractions on the machine but her heart beat was super strong. Ron learned how to read the machine which will be like the one I get tied up to once we go into Labor. Then Dr. checked me and I was 3-4cm dilated which she was very, very surprised about. Once she said this, I said you're kidding me and I started to cry. I was so surprised and overjoyed. She also could feel my cervix which is extremely soft, "paper thin" said the Dr. and she also said she could feel the bulge of my amniotic fluid which is in abundance so should my water break, she said there would be no mistaking it. Good I thought, "I'm due for a new bedroom mattress anyways"!
Dr. said we could go into active Labor anytime but as she's seen women stay at 3-4cm for weeks or only a few hours. My odds are good and when I mentioned I wanted to get my toes done before Stella comes, she suggested we stop by the mall on the way home. I've got some new purple paint Jen gave me for xmas I've been saving for the Labor occasion. I'm headed to my nail palace tomorrow after I go to Costco and shopping at Lane Bryant as I have a good coupon which I don't want to expire! At least I won't be thinking about Valentine's day lingerie .....maybe we'll postpone V-day till 6-7 wks after the birth ;) Dr. said that if Stella doesn't come before next Friday, we'll schedule induction on Friday, 1/21 so just having that D-Date in mind, I'm praying she comes naturally but all is out of my control!
I'm not sleepy, it is the excitement I'm sure but Ron could sleep through a tornado. He wanted to watch Despicable Me and then proceeded to fall asleep about 15 mins into the movie so I'm into my DVR and watching a new Chopped which I type. All that is on my mind "I could go into Labor anytime and if my contractions start, keep in mind where I began because my goal of staying at home as long as I can "handle the pain" might bring us closer to the pushing then I expect." OMG - I'd better be safe than sorry.
Time to try to get to that sleepy mindset.
Lots of love!
No comments:
Post a Comment