We received Stella's official birth announcement from Shutterfly today so she and I focused on putting them quickly in the mail today. CHECK YOUR MAILBOXES SOON! I L.O.V.E.D.'D how they turned out, Thanks to Melissa Williams who took photos.
We had a warm visit with Granny Ranson today but we all think Stells is going thru a "mom period" where she wants me all the time. There goes the solo bathroom breaks :) She has been sleeping wonderfully in the evening with an avg of 3 hrs and she understands she wakes, eats and goes back to sleep. She saves her awake periods for during the day.
The Portland Art Museum has a "Baby Hour" the first of each Tuesday and although I tried to go to March's the tickets were sold out. So, I arranged for Stella's first baby playdate with Oliver (AKA: Oli) down the street, born to Serina our neighbors 3 wks before Stella. I bought tickets to April's event which includes Babies, Caregivers, lots of strollers and a personal hour tour of the museum and its current exhibits. I'm now trying to get connected to local events created for children or "children friendly". In fact, this Sunday is Free Family Day at the museum and depending on our schedule after church, we might it this free event up as well.
Date Night with Lauryn Hill - Ronnie and I got tickets to see Ms. Hill herself in concert the 1st wk of April and Stella will be with a babysitter, totally weird feeling of remembering it isn't just about buying tickets and making sure our calendar is free ....babysitter! Oh wow, whole new aspect and cost.
Also this evening, we had a very nice visit with Bryan, a family member from Boise who was briefly in town. We couldn't convince him to hold Stella but she had her moments with him as he is so tall she kept looking at him in between her crying with serious gas!!

No comments:
Post a Comment